Our Founder, Ryan Ingram
Ryan is a rare combination of talents. Born and raised in Arizona, he discovered his passion for dance early on. His career launched in 1997 when he became a hip-hop instructor at Bender Performing Arts (formerly known as Betty Johnson’s School of Dance). In the same year, he started DJing and emceeing with SKM Entertainment, allowing him to share his energy and enthusiasm with the world in two different, yet interconnected, ways.
In his career as a teacher, performer, choreographer, artists, emcee, DJ, and event producer, Ryan has had a number of amazing opportunities, including:
- DJ on the red carpet for the Fox Teen Choice Awards in 2000.
- Featured on the first seasons of MTV’s America’s Best Dance Crew with his company Automatic Response in 2008.
- Starting All the Right Moves, an afterschool youth-enrichment program, in 2004.
- Adjunct faculty member teaching hip-hop at Scottsdale Community College, Glendale Community College, Grand Canyon University, and Arizona State University. At ASU, he helped develop the curriculum for Urban Movement under the Herberger Institute of Fine Arts.
- Resident instructor for Free Arts of Arizona
- Hosts “Dancing for Donations,” an annual fundraiser to support ChildHelp USA and the Phoenix Children’s Project.
Ryan currently teaches hip-hop and dance to children and adults at Yoga Onyx in Phoenix. With a heart for children, Ryan not only gives back to the community but is passionate about the time he spends with his own two children, whom he and his wife Brandy have chosen to “unschool” at home.
As a member of the community, Ryan is actively involved in Business Network International (BNI), where he currently serves as president of Arizona’s largest chapter, Biltmore Power.